Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Tuesday, November 6

Moving

We may be selling our house in a few months. Not sure yet, but maybe. This is providing some level of stress. Possibly even more stress than if we were sure we were actually selling it since I don't know what we are doing. Selling and moving has its upsides. I always like variety. And our street is getting busier and construction is going to start so someplace quiet would be nice. And a little more room would be nice. And a little closer to campus would be nice. But then I look at my brand-new beautiful siding (that I still owe money on) and my brand-new beautiful French doors and my copper tile ceiling I can lay on the living room floor and appreciate like a piece of art and my not-so-brand-new-but-still-beautiful bathroom with the huge soaking tub that I imported from Europe and the reproduction gooseneck faucet that I found online and then I want to cry about leaving it all. So I suppose torn sums it up. Today, at a meeting to discuss selling, I tried to be cool and pragmatic about it all. Which was easy to do in a meeting room nowhere near my lovely bedroom with the romantic wall sconces I found on clearance. At some point though, I had to go home.

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

This may sound silly, but I haven't heard one good reason why you want to move...

Nina said...

I think noise and construction are two very good reasons. I like quiet. Our house used to be quiet. It's not going to be quiet anymore.

M. O. said...

How long will the construction be going on? Is it just a new house going up near you? If it's not going to last for more than a year, you might be happier just staying. Usually construction is only during the day, and you're at school then so you will probably barely hear it! :)

maggie said...

Those changes you describe do sound beautiful, but the next house could offer a whole new canvas for your brilliant ideas.