Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Tuesday, November 27

Roof Advice

We are getting a new roof on our new house so I could really use some advice. Here is our new house:














Here is a house with the green roof/butter paint color scheme I think I want. I think it looks a little less yellow in person than it does on the cell phone. But anyway:














And here is a house with the specific shingle brand/color we'd like to use:













So whaddya think? Anyone have any opinions to share?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should go with Spanish Tile.

Mamapierce said...

Make it autumn colored. :o)

Barbara said...

Are you keeping the brick on the house or painting over it?

Nina said...

leaving the brick alone.

Shinmizu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shinmizu said...

Take one of the latter two houses and swap them out when no one's home. They'll never see that coming.

Barbara said...

I really like the roof, I think a pale yellow paint will go well with the brick, and repaint the shutters to either match the brick or a color complimentary to both the yellow and red of the brick.

M. O. said...

I agree with Barbara, although I think the shutters should be a color similar to the roof (shade or two darker maybe) to tie it in with the rest of the scheme.

Anonymous said...

I still don't like green roofs.

:D