Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Tuesday, January 23

Voting

UPDATE: Check out this video of Bush singing Bloody Sunday!

Today, at lunch, we discussed the upcoming State of the Union. I won't be watching the State of the Union. I will be watching American Idol. Because at least on Idol, my vote counts.

I shared these sentiments and everyone laughed. Then others at the table began making fun of Bush. I would like to repeat for emphasis. A table of people I don't even know at a Protestant Church in Oklahoma began spontaneously mocking Bush. Even though if Bush ran today against a Democrat in Oklahoma, he would probably win. This sort of freewheeling derision is what I love about American politics. So, in honor of a witty and entertaining lunch conversation, I am posting a few favorite political lines (chosen purely for humorous effect):

- Bush: Like a Rock. Only not as smart.
- An honest politician is one who, when he is bought, will stay bought.
- Impeach Clinton. And her husband. (I know its old, but it was so funny at the time.)

However, the best line about politics (not chosen for humorous effect) comes from Einstein:

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity.

No comments: