Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Sunday, February 18

Gossip

Today, during the women's group lesson at church, I heard a familiar refrain: We shouldn't gossip or judge each other. We hear this during the women's group at church rather often, which leads me to conclude that there must be a problem with gossiping among the women at church. One person had so much feeling in her voice I was sure there must have been something recently. As I haven't heard any gossip, it occurred to me, not for the first time, that I was totally missing something. I had mixed emotions. On the one hand, I don't like knowing things about other people that I'd rather not know so I am grateful that I have no idea what is going on. On the other, how could everyone leave me out! Do I smell or something? Scott suggested the gossip network had a minimum number of children requirement. If you don't qualify for play dates, then you don't qualify for gossip.

Then there is gossip about me, in particular. I want to know who says what about me so I know who is really a backstabbing wolf in disguise and I can hate them as they deserve. But I absolutely don't want to know who says what about me because then I would have to sit at church every Sunday hating them!

No comments: