Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Saturday, February 24

To Be Continued...

I am getting a new computer! So, time to trash this one before I reformat it. I have been trying out every extension, free toy, etc, I haven't tried previously for fear of trashing my machine. Today I focused on building a better web browser. What features matter? How much screen real estate am I willing to give up in order to access features more quickly? In other words, how desperate am I to avoid Algebraic Geometry homework? During all this research, I started writing a review of and guide to those features I think are indispensable in a browser. I will post the review tomorrow (meaning today, only after I sleep).

I have attempted to make this review accessible to everyone, without weighing it down with too many explanations. Instead, I have linked terms to sites with explanations when I felt it was needed. For those of you who need a little primer on vocabulary: system tray is a widely-used term for the start bar in Windows, status bar is the bar at the bottom of your browser that does little more than tell you it is done, a toolbar is a bar anywhere on your browser that gives you access to tools through buttons or URL displays or whatever, the menus are the text fields at the top you can click on to drop down. No, I don't think you're stupid. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

1 comment: