Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Monday, May 21

Being Sandra Dee

So I said I don't miss my husband yet. But if, hypothetically speaking, I did miss him, I wouldn't tell anyone. After all, it has only been four days. If I started missing him already, it would look sappy. A week is really the minimum respectable amount of time before I can miss him. I am pretty sure this won't make sense to anyone reading this blog. Jill likes to be sweet to her husband. Barbara likes to be sweet to her fiancee. Scott likes to be sweet to me. Well, there's Mom. Maybe it will make sense to her. But I want a sort of mean, tough image even though I am really neither. As a friend said, I am like Sandra Dee on Grease. I want the leather and the image. And missing my husband after only four days wouldn't fit.

No comments: