Nina's Stillwater Calendar

Wednesday, May 30

My Kind of Men

I have many different kinds of friends. Old or young, from school or church. But the vast majority of them are women. So I noted with interest I get several phone calls a day from the most important men in my life and almost none from the women. It doesn't occur to me to call my female friends since I don't have anything in particular to say and I assume vice versa. Of course, the men don't have anything in particular to say, but it doesn't stop them. They are just calling to check on me. And I love the attention and the news from home and the familiar voices so I am happy to be checked up on. But I started to wonder, is this a 'man' thing or a 'my kind of man' thing? In other words, do men generally want to check up on the women they care about or am I attracted/attractive to the kind of men who want to check up on the women they care about? Any opinions?

Note: Technically speaking, I didn't pick my Dad, but he did pick me and my Mom, so I am counting him anyway.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Hmmm... Interesting thoughts. I think it is because we are all needy and like to disguise the fact by a calling to check on you when in reality we are calling so that you can take care of us.

Nina said...

This implies I am attracted/attractive to needy men, which I don't like. So I summarily dismiss your proposition.

Anonymous said...

You know if you read Nina her postings out loud she turns red.......really red.....

I think I agree with Scott on his post, but letting Nina live in denial is ok too.